5 Calming Foods to Keep Inside the House
by Alesha Wilson
With a healthy body comes a healthy mind. It should also go that in caring for the body, you need to involve your mind in the process. Here are some foods that not only help make your body healthy but also relax your brain:
1. Bananas. Bananas are rich in serotonin and potassium, and after eating it you will already feel happy and calm. This is one fruit that you should always have at home for all those hunger pangs.
2. Oil. Calming oils do the trick when they are applied on your skin, but you can also use sesame or coconut oil in food for a similar effect. Apart from calming the mind, these oils also benefit your heart and metabolism.
3. Celery. Celery is one food that kids often hate, but this attitude should be changed because celery has folic acid and potassium in high amounts. If you have potassium and folic acid, you will not be more prone to anxiety.
4. Orange. Everyone knows how rich in Vitamin C orange is, but very few people know that it is used to reduce anxiety. Even its smell is already relaxing enough, but if you want, you can drink orange juice mixed with a little bit of honey to reduce your heart rate in times of panic.
5. Almond. You could try softening almonds in the morning then eat them before bedtime to help your mind rest. Or you could also eat raw almonds during the day before eating other foods because it helps absorb nutrients better. Moreover, this has mono-saturated fat that is good for your heart.
Alesha Wilson is a staff writer at RockwellNutrition.com. Rockwell Nutrition is a leading online retailer of Pharmax probiotics.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to The BioSpiritual Village.